Kassel (dpa/lhe) – Hessian investigators continue to employ suspected fraud in corona test centers. In one case, the public prosecutor’s office in Kassel is dealing with possible damage in the six-digit euro range. Tests for the corona virus are said to have been billed, although they were not carried out at all. The investigations in the case are now well advanced, said a spokesman for the public prosecutor’s office on Friday. A final decision on whether charges will be filed has not yet been made.
The Kassel investigative authority is investigating another case: tests and material costs not carried out are said to have been billed in the amount of around 1.95 million euros. Hessenschau.de had previously reported on the subject.
According to the spokesman for the public prosecutor’s office, the investigations against five people are still ongoing. A sixth suspect has meanwhile been sentenced to four years and three months in prison for fraud, among other things. The man appealed against the verdict, said the justice spokesman.
Further investigations into suspected cases of fraud in corona test centers are pending with the public prosecutor’s office in Gießen, among others.
© dpa-infocom, dpa:220923-99-874654/3